My Hillwalking Diary

Since I climbed my first Munro in September 2010 I have been bitten by the hillwalking bug (and also quite a few midgies!).I have decided to record all my walks in this blog so I can record my progress .

Saturday 13 November 2010

Carbeth Huts, 13th November 4.8k (3 miles)




We were interested in the history of the Carbeth Hutters community, and it really is wonderful to see. Its like another world, and you feel as if no one else knows it is there. There are around 200 huts spread around, this walk took us through the encampment. We were amazed at some of the huts and also how peaceful and quiet and simple a lifestyle it must be. If we hadnt been interested in hillwalking, we wouldnt have known anything about this amazing wee place. It was really interesting to see. Incidentally, both Conic Hill and this Carbeth walk cover sections of the West Highland Way so it was good to get an insight into this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment