My Hillwalking Diary

Since I climbed my first Munro in September 2010 I have been bitten by the hillwalking bug (and also quite a few midgies!).I have decided to record all my walks in this blog so I can record my progress .

Sunday 2 October 2011

Fife Coastal Walk


Our starting point was the Robinson Crusoe hotel in the tiny fishing village of Lower Largo. it was a very very wet day but warm. We set off along the beach heading toward Elie.



We had a lunch stop at Shell Bay Caravan Park, then picked up the Fife Coastal path again..


We came across HM Coastguard carrying out some training exercises. Angela and I offered to be their "casualties", but they told us they're not allowed to use real casualties during training...worth a try though as they were very handsome and their uniform was quite attractive.



When we got to Elie beach the sun was breaking through... a spot of paddling for some..

And it was off to the Ship Inn to finish with a wee refreshment...

Another adventure with lots of laughs as always... Oh almost forgot the Elie Chainwalk:


No comments:

Post a Comment