My Hillwalking Diary

Since I climbed my first Munro in September 2010 I have been bitten by the hillwalking bug (and also quite a few midgies!).I have decided to record all my walks in this blog so I can record my progress .

Sunday 5 June 2011

Rothesay and Mount Stuart House 5th June 2011

Well, today we set off early with the group for a "Mystery Tour". We knew we were going to an island but thought it might be Arran for Goatfell or Millport for a round island trek. However we ended up on the Isle of Bute.


We did the Mount Stuart House tour which was an absolutely stunning Victorian Gothic stately home. We werent allowed to take pictures unfortunately so can only picture it from outside.


After this tour we had a lunch stop and then walked back into Rothesay which was about a 5 or 6 mile walk through open fields and woodland back to the Ferry Terminal for the journey back to Wemyss Bay.

Where next?

No comments:

Post a Comment