My Hillwalking Diary

Since I climbed my first Munro in September 2010 I have been bitten by the hillwalking bug (and also quite a few midgies!).I have decided to record all my walks in this blog so I can record my progress .

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Countdown to Ben Nevis


My rucksack is now packed! Its a 65l Expedition pack which is very heavy when it is complete with stove, tent, sleeping bag, water and all other essentials needed for a night on a mountain.

Itinerary for Sat :

All picked up and on the road for 1pm.
Green Welly stop for 15mins around 3.30pm
Fort William 5pm approx - Morrisons for any last minute items

Climb starts 5.30 approx
Climb to base camp, approx 3.5 hrs
Set up camp, cook dinner,etc
Bed 10-11pm

3am - leave camp,
Tent and large rucksacks etc will remain at camp
Climb to summit with small rucksack
With a bit of luck watch the sunrise over the highest mountain in Britain
Toast our success with a wee dram from our hipflasks!

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of you Lorraine i know this means a lot to you Elaine x

    ReplyDelete