My Hillwalking Diary

Since I climbed my first Munro in September 2010 I have been bitten by the hillwalking bug (and also quite a few midgies!).I have decided to record all my walks in this blog so I can record my progress .

Saturday 16 October 2010

The Whangie 180m









We chose to take the difficult route uphill here. This was a steep ascent with lots of scrambling and uneven terrain.Near the summit it was VERY boggy.. We made the mistake of following the wrong well trodden path and were nearly at the bottom when we realised that we must be on the wrong track. We had crossed over the summit instead of veering to the right after the trig point. We reached the summit for the 2nd time and had a coffee break before ascending, first passing the wee whangie then through the whangie. it was very atmospheric and quite an extraordinary feature to come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment